November 23 09:43
Share this articleOpen WeChat and scan the QR code
- Deadly Beijing Fire Started in Refrigerated Storehouse
Investigators have found that the fire that killed 19 people over the weekend at a residential-industrial compound in southern Beijing started in an underground refrigerated storehouse, local authorities announced Thursday.
The refrigerators in the storehouse, located in the complex’s basement, were installed in March 2016, according to the Daxing district government. The unlicensed workers who installed the electric wiring and equipment in the storehouse have been arrested.
Six of the eight people injured in the fire have been released from the hospital after treatment.